WIZZIT Hot Line
0861 WIZZIT (949 948)
WIZZIT Bank Account
WIZZIT, a division of the South African Bank of Athens, provides a convenient and cost effective bank account enabling its clients to conduct transactions anywhere, anytime, no matter where they may be. Gone are the days when having to travel great distances to the nearest bank, take unpaid time off work and stand for hours in long queues.
WIZZIT opened its doors to the banking world in November 2004 with the vision and sole objective of banking the un-banked and under-banked people of this world through the application of a low cost banking model. We are proud of the fact that the World Bank through the IFC is a significant shareholder of WIZZIT.
WIZZIT promotes social advancement by empowering people to interact financially; and psychological upliftment by recognising individuals as competent to engage actively as fully fledged economic citizens.
We have grown from a small customer base of fewer than 100 to hundreds of thousands of accounts within a very short space of time and we are on track to meet our medium to short term goal of being the bank of choice for the under-banked. WIZZIT’s success lies partly in its convenient and easy to use bank offering targeted at the mass market in southern Africa. Our sophisticated banking services have recently expanded into the rest of Africa, Eastern Europe and South America.
We offer a secure payment system to our customers through a product that offers a low cost transactional bank account using cellphones to make person to person payments, interbank transfers, as well as prepaid electricity and airtime purchases. Convenience for our customers is also enhanced through the use of the universally applied Maestro Debit Card, as well as the facility to withdraw cash at any SASWITCH ATM, and also through the use of ‘cash-backs’ at point of sale devices in most major retail outlets. iWIZZ, a fully functional internet payment facility is an integral component of all WIZZIT bank accounts.
All of these service-oriented benefits are available at bank charges that this under-catered segment of the market can afford.
Features and Benefits of the WIZZIT Bank Account
· Open a WIZZIT bank account in under 10 minutes
· Immediate access to internet banking
· Maestro Debit Card issued with every new account
· Affordable transaction fees. Only R3.99 WIZZIT to WIZZIT.
· Fixed transaction fees. Fees do not increase as transaction amounts increase
· Deposit funds into your WIZZIT account at all Post Offices and at all ABSA Bank branches
· WIZZIT accepts applications from all asylum seekers and refugees.
· Immediate cash availability with all WIZZIT to WIZZIT transactions
· Automatic R5,000 funeral cover. No waiting period.
· Option to increase funeral cover to R12,000
· Buy airtime, electricity, TV licences and traffic fines from home, 24/7
· Free cash-backs at most large retail outlets with all POS purchases.
· Conduct cellphone balance enquiries for only 99 cents.
· No transaction fees when buying airtime.
To open a WIZZIT Bank Account
Go to ‘OPEN A WIZZIT BANK ACCOUNT’ on WIZZIT’s Home Page (www.wizzit.co.za). Alternatively, contact our Customer Care Desk on 0861 949 948.